Monday, April 14, 2008

Your Stories- Maria from Ponte Vedra, FL

My mother's sudden death was very difficult, and then to have the two surgeries, not being able to eat or exercise, losing the teaching job I loved and being in miserable pain and I was in pretty bad shape. Lucky for me my friend/neighbor who is also a nurse recognized I was having issues and started checking in on me regularly and finally had to tell me it was time to go get some help, which I did. In addition to the help of some wonderful doctors and friends, I found other ways to find peace. I would turn off all the lights and fire up the candles and sit there and meditate and just kept telling myself that I could get though this and any other positive thoughts that I could come up with. Finally, I am feeling so much better.

When I read about your candle idea I thought it was great! The whole time I was feeling bad I thought there must be other people like me that don't have anyone to help them and if I got better I was going to make sure I helped a friend to repay my friend for all her concern. I think you are the best for turning a bad experience into something so positive! You have really hit the nail on the head with this one! Anyhing I can volunteer to help you with to make this a success please let me know!

My very dear friend that helped me has had a pancreas transplant and has never been completely well since the surgery and she is never quite sure how her health will turn out . I would love to pass one of these candles onto her.

No comments: